Video 2 - Defending a Court Case

From Legalpedia Qld
Jump to: navigation, search

If you’ve been served with a Claim and Statement of Claim, you have 28 days to file a Defence. There are special rules about the drafting of a Defence. If you have a cause of action against the plaintiff, you can bring a Counterclaim. If you do not file a Defence, the plaintiff can obtain a Default Judgment against you. You can apply to the court to set aside a Default Judgment. If you own a property you may have to respond to an Enforcement Warrant.

Resources from this video

Was this helpful?

It helps us to improve our resources for the public if you complete this survey.

Contact us

The information in this resource is for general information purposes only. If you would like help with a legal problem, you may be eligible for assistance from a LawRight service or clinic.

For more information about the help available, and the process for applying for help, please contact LawRight by:

Telephone: 07 3846 6317
Fax: 07 3846 6311
Postal address: LawRight, PO Box 3631, South Brisbane, Qld 4101
Website: LawRight

LawRight does not provide legal advice over the phone.