From Legalpedia Qld
Jump to: navigation, search

Residential tenancy disputes will arise when there is a dispute between a tenant and a landlord. Such disputes can be about a number of different issues including rent, bonds, holding deposits, the standard of a premise, termination of a tenancy agreement, the transfer of a lease, or subletting.



Relevant legislation


  • Tenants' Union of Queensland Inc - The Tenants' Union of Queensland is a statewide community organisation that provides services for residential tenants in Queensland and represents their interests.
  • Residential Tenancies Authority - The Residential Tenancies Authority provides tenancy information, bond management, dispute resolution, investigation, policy and education services.
  • Self Representation Service - QPILCH runs a Service to assist people representing themselves in QCAT. If your tenancy matter has not been resolved and is going to QCAT, we may be able to help you.
  • You may wish to approach a community legal centre for assistance. To find your nearest community legal centre, please visit the Community Legal Centres Queensland website at www.communitylegalqld.org.au . There are a number of community legal centres throughout Queensland that hold regular advice sessions.
  • LawRight is an independent, not-for-profit, community-based legal organisation that operates a civil law referral service for pro bono legal representation and direct legal services for particular disadvantaged client groups.For more information about the help available, and the process for applying for help, please see the LawRight website at www.lawright.org.au