Environment and Planning
From Legalpedia Qld
Environment and planning law is concerned with the laws and administrative structures that regulate how individuals and corporations interact with the natural and built environment.
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth) - Commonwealth legislation providing framework to promote environmental sustainability and biodiversity conservation.
- Environmental Protection Act 1994 (Qld) - A Queensland act providing the framework for environmental protection within the state.
- Environmental Defenders Office Qld Inc - The Environmental Defenders Office Qld Inc is a non-profit, non-government community legal centre dedicated to providing legal advice and representation to individuals and community groups working to protect the environment.
- Environmental Defenders Office of Northern Queensland Inc - The Environmental Defenders Office of Northern Queensland Inc is a non-profit, non-government community legal centre specializing in public interest environmental law.
- Queensland Department of State Development - The Department is responsible for a statewide, coordinated approach to infrastructure, planning and development.
- Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage Protection - The Department is responsible for managing the health of the environment to protect Queensland's unique ecosystems, including its landscapes and waterways, as well as its native plants and animals and biodiversity.
- Queensland Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sports and Racing - The Department manages national parks and their use and enjoyment by all Queenslanders, encourages active lifestyles by providing recreational and sporting opportunities, and manages the racing industry.
- Commonwealth Department of Environment - The Department is responsible for implementing the Australian Government's policies to protect our environment and heritage, and to promote a sustainable way of life.